Friday, July 18, 2014

Letters to the Bride

Wedding Gift from Chrissie's Maid of Honor
Chrissie's Maid of Honor, Katie Pickler, assembled and edited a book of letters to the bride, from her family and friends. It was one of Chrissie's favorite wedding gifts. This is the letter I wrote to her:
Chrissie,

You’ve travelled many miles over a long road before reaching this milestone in your life, but I wonder how the bright-eyed little girl you once were can possibly be celebrating such a grown-up day, with a quarter-century of living already in the rearview mirror.


May you always live in the sunshine you brought into the world on the day you were born. Your passionate, warm personality and sense of humor will serve you well on the adventure you are undertaking with your new husband. While your days won’t always be easy, you will find fun and
laughter in most of them.


My mother, your Nana, was so proud of her only granddaughter, and of your ability to hold your own against your two older cousins, even as a toddler with a fiercely sweet, Irish angel face. Like her own
mother, Nana believed that the world needs strong women, and I think you would meet her rigorous
standards for such a designation.


On this, your wedding day, you’re a beautiful Celtic woman, with a proud lineage of Ryans, Macphersons and Quinlans. We all love you and wish you and Alex a lifetime of happiness in a home filled with joy and mirth. I’m so honored to be sharing this day with you, my lovely niece.

Cath

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.