Friday, July 18, 2014

The Dance

Simply the Best
Chrissie and Alex promised a "surprise" for their first dance, and I held my breath when I saw that the bride had changed into a white cotton dress with a red crinoline. Inspired by her Tennessee and Alberta heritage, she pulled on her cowboy boots and took center stage with her new husband. Several guests (not me!) had the presence of mind to record the couple's first dance.


The Wedding Singer, Hillary Lanier-Child
Bridesmaid Hillary Lanier-Field sang "Simply the Best", a song I associate with Tina Turner, of course. Electrifying! Hillary herself was ... the best.

Simply the Best

I call you when I need you, my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me wild and wild
When you come to me give me everything I need

Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak a language of love like you know what it means
And it can't be wrong, take my heart and make it strong, baby

You're simply the best, better than all the rest
Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart and hang on every word you say
Tear us apart, baby, I would rather be dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.