Friday, July 18, 2014

Family Reunion

Steve, Cath, Marilyn, Al
All four Ryan siblings were together again for the first time since the end of the nineties. We had a lovely reunion, with one another and our spouses. Marilyn was determined to get a picture of the four of us, and I'm so happy to have it.

Cousins Chrissie Ryan Grant and Chris Hennessey
Cousins Chris Hennessey and Steve Ryan
The cousin reunions were equally moving, though we all missed Marilyn's son, Harry Marshall, who has just begun his residency at Western and couldn't take time off so soon.

Both Chrissie and son Chris have grown up a lot since they last met in 2007. Chris and Steve Ryan haven't been together since 2001, when the Ryans stayed with us on their way to Memphis. A lot of water under the bridge since then.

A special pleasure for Marilyn and me was visiting with our sisters-in-law, June and Laurel, and June's sister, Phyllis Hoshino. I don't want to wait so long till the next reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.