Friday, July 18, 2014

The Ceremony

Chrissie and Alex Grant
Although  I favor traditional, predictable marriage ceremonies, at least in theory, the weddings I've enjoyed the most have been more relaxed and less scripted. Alex and Chrissie's was definitely one of these and three days later, I'm still beaming as I remember that lovely ceremony.

Alex and Chrissie's vows were a combination of traditional words, personal comments and humor. Several lighthearted poems reinforced the celebratory mood and everyone laughed. The bride and groom seemed well matched and full of joy.

The couple will be living in Australia, and Australian marriage laws had to be respected. After the signing of the register, the bride and groom held up their marriage certificate and posed with the wedding party. All official now. I thought the bride's parents looked happily bereft: Australia is so far away, but fortunately the world is small now, and the miracles of technology connect us all.

Matt Wall, the master of ceremonies, herded guests toward the reception venue. Let the party begin!

1 comment:

  1. Totally enjoyed reading this post. I also love traditional weddings and at some local event space Chicago I will be attending one soon but that will be themed wedding ceremony. It will have a fairy theme for decorations and Christmas theme for food. So excited for this!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.