Friday, July 18, 2014

The Reception

Chrissie's Wedding Weekend: Reception
Bridal party on left. Steve Ryan, Marilyn Marshall, June Ryan walking.
I was afraid that my platform shoes would not be equal to the walk over to Gunn's Dairy Barn, the reception venue. They surprised me. I wore the shoes all evening, including a trip up and down stairs, and didn't change them until we were ready to leave the reception.

Chrissie and Alex received their guests informally as we entered the barn's lower level. Guests were seated at numbered tables close to one another, each with bottles of red and white wine, and large vases of multi-colored candies (skittles, smarties, jelly beans etc.). Guests moved from table to table filling up their small cube-shaped gift boxes with a variety of candies, or "lollies", as our Australian table-mates called them.

Emotional and humorous speeches followed, all MCd by the funny and efficient Matt Wall. Toasts to the bride and groom were informal and heartfelt. A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

  1. You have your expressed views beautifully! I got married at an extremely beautiful Wedding location in Chicago. I wish I could also express my words for sharing my wedding experience just like you but it was one memorable day for me!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.