Friday, July 18, 2014

Miss Piggy Picks a Prime Seat

Alex Grant and his beautiful bride Chrissie Ryan
I always have a camera in my hand. This trip, I agonized as I left my new Canon Rebel at home, deciding instead to travel with the very light, reliable Samsung with the good zoom. I regretted my decision only in low light situations, but for the most part, the point-and-shoot performed very well.

Uncharacteristically, I forged ahead of the crowd to a prime seat on the aisle, in the second row of the "groom's side". I can never remember which side is which, but was happy I didn't have to move, as the folding chair was a little shaky on the lawn and I wanted to minimize movement, lest I find myself sprawled on the lawn, unable to get up without kicking off my platform shoes.


Groom's attendants, with flower girl and ring bearer
Turns out the groom's side is the best spot for a good view of the bride, and, because no one was in front of me, I was well positioned to see the entire bridal party. I got my test shots in before the procession began, including a few of the bride and groom. I was not looking over the heads of tall Minnesotans as I enjoyed my rare, unobstructed view. No guilt either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.