Friday, July 18, 2014

The Processional

Mel, Ashley, Hillary, Katie
Mother of the Bride Laurel catches a glimpse of her daughter

The groomsmen -- and woman-- took their places facing the guests. The bride's attendants, colorful in their short dresses and heels, watched expectantly and heads turned toward the entrance to the Prince House grounds. And there she was, the elegant, radiant bride - my little niece, all grown up.
Her dad, my brother Allan, reached for Chrissie's hand and helped her out of the carriage, and the procession began. The bride's mom, Laurel, touched her heart.

I always worry a little about the flower girl and ring bearer, but Matilda and Ryan were both pros, poised and royal wedding worthy. Chrissie followed, on her father's arm, and the groom approached them. Time for a kiss and the hand-off.

As the marriage commissioner stood before Chrissie and Alex, the early evening was filled with emotion and expectation.



The bride, her dad and groom

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.