Thursday, July 17, 2014

Overbooked! MSP - YYC

Calgary Downtown Core
It was great to have an 11:40 flight this morning. Plenty of time to feed the cat, put out the trash and recycling, finish packing. We knew that our flight had been overbooked but were surprised to have our seat assignments taken away when we checked in online. Turns out we were the very last passengers to be assigned seats, but the seats were similar to the ones I selected several months ago, so we were OK in the end.

The flight was uneventful and, in fact, we arrived a little early. Too early to hook up with my brother Al who had decided to meet our plane. We took a cab downtown to the Marriott for $40 and were pleasantly impressed with our hotel, our room and the view of the downtown area. It's a beautiful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The first blog was a simple travel journal written during an Alaskan cruise in 2008. I document all of our trips, and refer to my posts fairly frequently, especially when we're planning a return visit to a destination. I enjoy recording events in both words and pictures -- blogging is one more way of staying in touch with family and friends in this wonderful, connected world. I've been retired since April of 2013, and there's no shortage of things to do or activities to enjoy. I enjoy writing about everything ... and nothing.